Professor of Quantitative Methods
Areas of research include:
- Sampling Animal Populations; Angler Survey Sampling; Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology Applications of Statistical Methodology; Population and Community Dynamics Modeling.
MS – 1972; Biometry; Cornell University
B.Sc – 1968; Agriculture with Honours, Biometry; University of Sydney, New South
- Beasley, I.L., K. Pollock, T.A. Jefferson, P. Arnold, L. Morse, S. Yim, S. Lor Kim and H.
Marsh. (2011). Likely extirpation of another Asian river dolphin: the Critically
Endangered population of the Irrawaddy Dolphin in the Cambodian Mekong
River is small and declining. Marine Mammal Science. In Press.
- Beatty, S., de Graaf, M., Molony, B., Nguyen, V. and K. Pollock (2011). Plasticity
in population biology of Cherax cainii (Decapoda: Parastacidae) inhabiting
lentic and lotic environments in south-western Australia: implications for the
sustainable management of the recreational fishery. Fisheries Research. In Press.
- Jun Yoshizaki, Cavell Brownie, Kenneth H. Pollock, William A. Link (2011). Modeling
errors that results from use of genetic tags in capture-recapture studies.
Environmental and Ecological Statistics 18:27-55.
- Griffiths, S.P., Pollock, K.H. , Lyle, J. M., Pepperell, J.G., Tonks, M.L., and W.
Sawynok (2010). Following the chain to elusive anglers. Fish and Fisheries, 11:
- Pledger, S., Pollock, K.H. ,and Norris, J.L. (2010). Open capture-recapture models with heterogeneity: II. Jolly-Seber model. Biometrics, 66, 883-890.
- Wen, Z., K. H. Pollock, J. D. Nichols,and P. Waser (2010). Augmenting
Superpopulation, Capture–Recapture Models with Population Assignment Data.
- Cooch, E. V., Conn, P. B., Ellner, S. P., Dobson, A. P. and K. H. Pollock (2010). Disease dynamics in wild populations: modeling and estimation a review. Journal of
- Tarr, N. M., T. R. Simons and K. H. Pollock (2010). An experimental assessment
of vehicle disturbance effects on migratory shorebirds. Journal of Wildlife
Management 74: 1776-1783.
- Link, W.A., Yoshizaki, J., Pollock, K.H., and Bailey, L. L. (2010). Uncovering a latent multinomial: analysis of mark-recapture data with misidentification. Biometrics
- Stanislav, S., Pollock, K.H., Simons, T. R. and M.W. Alldredge. (2010). Separation
of Availability and Perception Processes for Aural Detection in Avian Point
Counts: a Combined Multiple Observer and Time-Of-Detection Approach. Avian
Ecology and Conservation. 5 Online.
Books & Monographs
- MacKenzie, D. I., Nichols, J. D., Royle, J. A., Pollock, K. H., Bailey, L. L., and Hines, J.E. (2005).Occupancy Estimation and Modeling : Inferring Patterns and Dynamics
of Species Occurrence. Elsevier, San Diego, USA.
- Pollock, K. H., Jones, C. M. and Brown, T. L. (1994). Angler surveys and their
application to fisheries management. American Fisheries Society Special
Publication 25, Bethesda, Maryland.
- Guthrie, D., J. M. Hoenig, M. Holliday, C. M. Jones, M. J. Mills, S. A. Moberley, K. H. Pollock, and D. R. Talhelm, editors (1991). Creel and angler surveys in fisheries
- Pollock, K. H., Nichols, J. D., Brownie, C., and Hines, J. E. (1990). Statistical Inference for Capture Recapture Experiments, Wildlife Society Monographs (No. 107).
- Burnham, K. P., Anderson, D. R., White, G. C., Brownie, C., and Pollock, K. H. (1987). Design and Analysis Methods for Fish Survival Experiments based on Release-Recapture. American Fisheries Society Monographs 5, Bethesda, Maryland. (ISSN 0362 1715).
- Twentieth Century Distinguished Service Award in Environmental Statistics.
Ninth Lukacs Symposium, Bowling Green, Ohio, April 24, 1999
- Elected Fellow, American Statistical Association, August 1996.
David Mason Award Best Faculty Member in Statistics 1996, North Carolina
- Elected member, International Statistical Institute, September 1995.
Best Paper Award, 1994, Southeastern Section of the Wildlife Society “Band
return models: a generalization to formally incorporate solicited bands”,
Journal of Wildlife Management.
- Distinguished Achievement Award, American Statistical Association Section on
Statistics and the Environment, August 1994.
- Best Paper Award, 1993, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for “Estimating
transition probabilities for stage based population projection matrices
using capture-recapture data,” Ecology 1992.
- George W. Snedecor Memorial Award, August 1991, American Statistical
Association for the best publication in Biometrics “Statistical inference for
capture-recapture experiments,” Wildlife Monograph No. 107.
- Best Monograph Award, 1990, Wildlife Society for the monograph “Statistical
inference for capture-recapture experiments”, Wildlife Monograph No.
- Best Paper Award, 1989, Wildlife Society for the article “Survival analysis
in telemetry studies: the staggered entry design”, Journal of Wildlife
- Best Paper Award, 1989, Southeastern Section of the Wildlife
Society for the article “Survival analysis in telemetry studies: the
staggered entry design”, Journal of Wildlife Management.
- Best Paper Award, 1982, Southeastern Section of the Wildlife Society for the
article “A capture recapture design robust to unequal probability of
capture”, Journal of Wildlife Management.
Professor of Quantitative Methods, Funded by FRDC and WA Fisheries
Fellow of American Statistical Association
Centre for Fish and Fisheries Research, School of Biological Sciences
Web Murdoch Staff: http://www.bsb.murdoch.edu.au/share/staff/personal/238584.html
Web Murdoch Personal: http://sites.google.com/site/pollockquantitativemethodssite/
US Position and Address (On Leave)
Professor of Biology, Biomathematics, and Statistics
Fellow of the American Statistical Association
Department of Biology
North Carolina State University
Raleigh NC 27695-7617 USA